Tuesday, April 2, 2013

SA Boat Pro Wakeboard Tour- Stop 2


The second boat pro tour stop took place from the 1-3 March at North End Lake in Port Elizabeth. Myself, my brother and my mom did a little road trip to the comp. My brother and I took a few days off school. On Thursday, the 28th of Febuary, we drove up to Knysna and stayed over there for the night. We stayed in a Lodge on the lagoon. Friday morning we were up bright and early and thanks to Tom Kellerman, we were able to go have a wakeboard sesh in the Wilderness.

Christopher and I before our ride

We then went back to lodge to pack our stuff and drove to North End Lake. It was freezing cold there and the wind was blowing but we still all did our practise run.

Saturday was qualifiers. Weather was not ideal for the wakeskaters but it was fine for the wakeboarders. I had a good run and I managed to qualify 1st.


Melissa Colborne- after qualifying run

Sunday morning I was up early, comp started at 8. I managed to stick a clean final run so i was happy with my riding. When they announced that I was the winner of the Open Ladies division, i was super stoked-woohoo :) Candice Bacon came second and Deidre van Niekerk came 3rd.

1st- Melissa Colborne
2nd- Candice Bacon
3rd- Deidre van Niekerk

Christopher Colborne( my younger brother) really stepped it up and claimed a 1st place in the Novice Division!

champ

After the comp, we drove to Plett and stayed in The Dunes Hotel for the night. We enjoyed pizza for dinner and the next morning we were on our way back home. We stopped at the Knysna Waterfront for a quick breakfast.  On our way home, we were all craving a Wimpy waffle so decided to prolong our trip and first stopped at the Mall to satisfy our craving- it was really worth the stop!


No comments:

Post a Comment