Monday, October 10, 2016

Plastic Playground

On the 12th of July, Jordan and I flew to London. We caught a taxi to the cable where we met up with Faffa again. We dropped our bags off and then got a lift to Tesco's to buy a tent and get food supplies for the week ahead. We found a sweet deal on a tent, and luckily this time it was big enough to fit us as well as our board bags inside!

We had a few days to chill before it was our turn to compete. Jordan rode in Open Men qualifiers, slayed it and made it into the Quarter Finals! The level of riding was insane. He had a really tough quarter final heat with a lot of big names in it and unfortunately didn't make it to Semi Finals but he still rode like a champ. Faffa also did really good. I hadn't seen him ride in ages so was surprised when I saw him competing. He came 2nd overall in the Amateur Men division. I rode in the Quarter Finals but didn't make it straight to the Semi- Finals. Luckily I had a second chance in LCQ's which went in my favour and I made it to the Semi Finals! I was over the moon to have made it through. My heat was super tough in the Semi Finals (and so were all the other heats) and thats where it ended for me. We were all super stoked though because we didn't expect to make it that far.

Sophie and Jay came to spend the weekend with us and watch us ride. It was awesome to have them there and I'm so happy I got to celebrate Sophie's birthday with her! After the competition it was time for me to go to Lithuania. Goodbyes are always hard, especially this time because I had to say goodbye to Sophie and Jay, Faffa and then Jordy...









No comments:

Post a Comment