Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Spain 2016

I've spent the past 5 weeks at Xtreme Gene in Spain, enjoying their summer holiday. I'm so glad I managed to get away from the coldest part of our winter in South Africa.

I flew from London to Spain with Jordan, and we went straight to Xtreme Gene in Cordoba, which is basically my second home now ;) As usual, I loved every moment of it!

They have a new cable at Xtreme Gene, so I was able to get the best of both worlds! I spent my first few days getting back to grips with the wake as I had been dying to ride boat since I left last year. Once I got my lake legs back behind the boat, it was time to give Xtreme- Gene's new 2.0 the attention it deserved! Having the facilities to push both aspects of my riding at the same time is something I've never been able to do, so I thought I'd make the most of it while I had the chance and shred boat and cable every day if I could! I also found a new love for wakesurfing this holiday. When my body was knackered from wakeboarding, I'd go for a surf.

I spent my 21st birthday in Spain and was properly spoilt for an entire week by everyone at Xtreme Gene. My birthday started off with a pre birthday dinner with all the homies at the lake, followed by a night out in town to celebrate. The next day, Jordan woke me up with balloons, banners, cards and coffee in bed. We made a delicious lunch and then drove into Cordoba where we spent the day adventuring around and shopping. When the rest of the Darwin family arrived at Xtreme Gene, I had a second birthday celebration. They surprised me with a sweety cake (my favourite kind of cake) and lots of presents from the family! :D It is definitely a birthday I'll remember forever! I'm so lucky to have so many special people in my life <3

I spent my last week in Spain road tripping to Benidorm with the Darwin's for Spanish Nationals. I didn't compete but spent the weekend supporting my boys, Jordan and Marcus. I'm proud to say that Jordan did what he needed to and has defended his title as Spanish champion! What a ninja!

After Benidorm, we went back to Marbella and spent 2 nights there. We ate lots of yummy food and spent a day riding at Marbella wakepark. It's been 2 years since I was last there! I'm really happy that I got to spend my last 2 days in Spain with the family. I can't thank them enough for everything they've done/ do for me! I'm going to miss you all so much and can't wait until my next trip <3 I've missed Marbella and its beautiful views.










No comments:

Post a Comment